Charleston Legal Malpractice Attorney Protects the Public
Law firm upholding the integrity and quality of the practice of law
An attorney undergoes a rigorous application process, background checks and examination to obtain a license to practice law in South Carolina. The intense scrutiny from the South Carolina Bar Association is intended to maintain the integrity and quality of legal practice in the state. Attorneys swear to support the Constitution, abide by the rules of professional conduct and take actions that are consistent with truth and justice. The Haller Law Firm has an unwavering commitment to the principled, dutiful practice of the legal profession. I expect the same firm dedication to ethical, competent legal practice from my peers. To uphold these high standards, I represent clients who have been harmed by the unprofessional, unethical or unlawful actions of another attorney.
Clients’ rights to effective, ethical representation
Your attorney has certain specific obligations to you. You should expect an attorney whom you retain to:
- Uphold the Constitution
- Practice in accordance with the South Carolina Bar rules of professional conduct
- Approach the court and judicial system with respect and honesty
- Act in your best interest
- Provide details about expenses and fees
- Retain fiduciary and accounting obligations
- Maintain confidential communications
- Abide by contractual agreements
When an attorney fails to fulfill these obligations, your case or rights may be negatively impacted. I work to get you justice.
Pursuing aggrieved clients’ legal remedies
You have options if your legal counsel’s representation is fraudulent or negligent. I review your case and help you pursue the best means of obtaining relief, which could include:
- Suing the attorney
- Filing a grievance with the South Carolina Bar Association
- Negotiating with your attorney to rectify the problem
- Mediating with your attorney to reach an equitable agreement
- Assisting you in obtaining competent representation to complete your legal matters
If you have lost a case, been imprisoned or given up rights due to your former attorney’s mistakes or inaction, I may be able to help.
Contact an attorney focused on upholding the ethics of the South Carolina legal profession
The Haller Law Firm is located in Charleston and represents clients throughout South Carolina. Call 843-640-5593 or contact me online to schedule your consultation.